[GNC] Book keeping/accounting of club project funds

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri May 3 00:56:59 EDT 2019

Rod,

I think AP/AR are already there if you have the Business Features available. (this was a subject of dispute not long ago on the list. I seem to recall a time when one had to specifically enable them as an option, but it’s been so long since I started a new book...)

If you do have to create them manually, be sure to assign them the ’special’ account type that matches their name. (‘Accounts Receivable’ as ’type: accounts receivable’, same for payables)

Also remember that while you can have other receivable and payable accounts, *do not* set them to those special types. (you can only have one of each) Make them generic asset/liability accounts. (but they can be children of the special accounts)

Finally, try to avoid manual entries into those special accounts, use only the business features to accomplish changes. (but you can make manual entries in your generic receivable/payables accounts all you want)

The Business Features, along with their special reports, are not cognizant of entries in the generic accounts, and are not cognizant of manual entries.

Regards,
Adrien