[GNC] Okay, why won't it let me restore from backup?

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Tue May 7 05:59:50 EDT 2019

ToddAndMargo,

GnuCash keeps information about some details such as which account windows
were left open and their size and locations on the screen when you closed
your data file in a different folder on your computer.  This information is
called your preferences and it is a good idea to occasionally save a copy
of them in a backup folder.  There is information online at gnucash.org
about how to find your preferences depending on the computer os and the
version of GnuCash.

If you have saved any custom reports you should also back them up in the
same way as you back up your preferences.

David Carlson