[GNC] Quicken import and duplicate records

Cricket Onebit cricketbeautiful at gmail.com
Tue May 7 13:04:40 EDT 2019

Can someone edit that page in the wiki? It would help new users a lot.

On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 at 17:00, David Carlson <david.carlson.417 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The wiki that David Cousins pointed you to does not mention the fact that
> GnuCash can only find duplicates to transactions that already exist in the
> data.  Thus to avoid duplicates it is best to import one account at a time
> and to use use the GnuCash transaction matching feature to identify
> duplicates.
>
> David Carlson
>
> On Mon, Apr 29, 2019, 2:52 PM Priit Lilleleht <Priit.Lilleleht at eesti.ee>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi David C!
> >
> > Thank You, I have read the Quicken migration page in Wiki and probably
> > followed it mostly except for splitting the import into smaller pieces.
> The
> > first try was importing all 18 years of data at once. It took some time
> but
> > generally succeeded. I'll try to import just a few accounts to see if it
> > helps.
> >
> > I would like to have all the financial history in one database so
> importing
> > only last years or so does not appear appealing (as the migration page
> > suggests)...
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Priit
> >
> > Kontakt David Cousens (<davidcousens at bigpond.com>) kirjutas kuupäeval P,
> > 28. aprill 2019 kell 00:51:
> >
> > > Priit,
> > >
> > > Are you following the suggestions on the following Wiki page
> > > https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Quicken_Migration.
> > >
> > > David Cousens
> > >

> > > -----
> > > David Cousens
> > > --
> > > Sent from:
> > http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GnuCash-User-f1415819.html
> > > If you are using Nabble or Gmane, please see
> > > https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information.
> > > -----

> > https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information.
> > -----

+++

Not as a ladder from earth to Heaven, not as a witness to any creed,
But simple service simply given to his own kind in their common need.
-- Rudyard Kipling