[GNC] Mail formatting

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon May 13 15:08:23 EDT 2019

(It's Geert by the way)

Hi Eric,

Hmm, I should have remembered that if I'm cc'd I get your original message
rather than the mailing list's. So of course I saw your html markup, while
others on the list wouldn't.

As Derek says, our mailing list software strips off html from a mail. Or in
some more detail, when you write an e-mail your e-mail program will create two
versions of what you write:
- one with all the html markup you added
- one in plain text
The one in plain text is made to resemble the html version as closely as
possible. Some mail clients simply strip all the markup, others replace it
with symbolic pseudo-markup (like the asterisks or slashes). What these
replacements are depend on your mail client.

Regards,

Geert