[GNC] Mail formatting

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Mon May 13 10:25:29 EDT 2019

Hi,

Eric Coates <eric.coates at sky.com> writes:

> Hi Gert
>
> For you (and other list recipients) perhaps but ...
>
> In your response you included my message; on my system I see *bold*
> with the letters in bold  and /italic/ with the letters in italic -
> almost but not quite completely the same as you can see below. (I've
> deliberately avoided using quotes marks around the offending texts
> fearing they'd get messed with).

The bold and italic using star(*) and slash(/) characters is purely an
MUA function and has nothing to do with HTML or the list.

> And, the message you sent (duplicated below) on the copy I'm looking
> at is in blue.

The list strips off text/html and only passes text/plain.
There is no blue here, because the HTML was stripped.
If you're seeing blue, it's a function of your MUA.

> Oh well, it's another week and there'll be other challenges.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Eric

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745