[GNC] Recording Deposits in Checking

Jimmy R mikromalaka at yahoo.com
Wed May 15 19:49:00 EDT 2019

Yes I know what you mean, I have been just used to single entry accounting
before GNC.
Just working and testing GNC on a sample.

I need to add a meals tax, so our rate is 8%...7% sales and 1% meals for
restaurants etc.
Deposits would have to be split to Income, 8%ST and 1%ST...a lot of work.

I tried other methods entering but kept getting imbalances

As for sales tax the funds are just a pass through which we are holding and
paying on behalf of the customer. Reporting to the state is monthly with a
annual renconsile.

Thanks,

Jimmy