[GNC] Manual Exchange rates

D sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Wed May 15 21:36:37 EDT 2019

The price database allows a user to track, roughly speaking, the value of a holding in a different commodity. For example, a user might purchase a stock at 10 per share. Whilst owning this stock, the price goes up to 15. The user may wish to have a sense that the potential value of her holding has gone up by that amount, which the price database will allow.

When you exchange one commodity for another (in your case, two currencies), the number of units is fixed. The relative value of those other currency units will change, which is what you will see in the chart of accounts. Most reports give you the option of choosing which price to use. You might want to look at those reports.

David