[GNC] Stock price retrieval (again, sorry!)

Steve zephod at cfl.rr.com
Sun May 19 11:18:04 EDT 2019

Every since Yahoo shut down their service, I have not been able to get
any stock quotes. I had been running a very old version 2.6.15, I
think, so I did not try to resolve the issue but now I have updated to
3.4 and I still have the same problem.

I have checked that I have the necessary version of Perl and
gnc-fq-dump installed and I changed all my securities to retrieve
quotes using yahoo_jason. From the command line I ban get a quote:

$ gnc-fq-dump yahoo_json googl
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: googl                <=== required
      date: 05/17/2019           <=== recommended
  currency: USD                  <=== required
      last: 1168.78              <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price:                      <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

but when I try from inside GNC I get the "Unknown Error" popup. Are
there any debug logs I can look at to see what is going on? Perhaps I
have too many securities? Is there a way to request just one from
inside GNC?

Thanks,
Steve