[GNC] Fix assets

Cricket Onebit cricketbeautiful at gmail.com
Wed May 22 15:51:03 EDT 2019

Is it really worth doing that in GNUCash? Every type of asset depreciates
differently, and you have different types of depreciation (tax, resale,
saving to replace).

Also, the value of your building for insurance might be replacement cost,
which is very different from what you could sell it for. Our insurance is
rebuild our 40-year-old house to current codes, which is much more than we
could sell it for.

See what your local accountant says. It can get complicated, and they might
have an easier way to do it.

On Sat, 18 May 2019 at 01:16, Peter Peterson <pastorpeter7 at gmail.com> wrote:

>    Thanks for the info. Iam doing the finance for our church and creche.
>    Things like computers, filing cabinets, musical instruments these
>    numbers say between R3000.00 to R30 O00.00
>    Regards
>    Sent from my Huawei Mobile

+++

Not as a ladder from earth to Heaven, not as a witness to any creed,
But simple service simply given to his own kind in their common need.
-- Rudyard Kipling