[GNC] GNUCASH Android

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon May 27 04:48:49 EDT 2019

Op zondag 26 mei 2019 16:01:07 CEST schreef John Ralls:
> > On May 26, 2019, at 3:27 AM, nor via gnucash-user
> > <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
> >
> > I am aware that it is not a part of GNUC development. However it a lovely
> > app on move specifically to view records/transactions from
> > desktop.Unfortunately, Desktop XML ver 3.5 is not compatible with android
> > version and hence cannot be imported.XML file in uncompressed. Appreciate
> > advise.regardsnor
>
> In which does the file not open, GnuCash or GnuCash for Android. On what
> operating system for GnuCash? Have you tested earlier GnuCash versions? If
> so, what is the latest one that works?
>
> We haven't made any changes to the XML file schema in many years, so it's
> unlikely that that's the problem.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

I just saw a ticket coming in on GnuCash for Android's bug tracker which
complains about not understanding the date format.

I can't find a public link to this ticket unfortunately, however here's the
content:

-----------------
hello, when i try to open a file saved with gnucash desktop v.3.5 (linux) i
receive an error on the datetime format.
The errore says: "unable to parse transaction time - 2011-12-05 23:00:00"

I looked into the XML file but I don't see anything strange. This date is
under the <gnc pricedb version="1"> node.

I hope you can help me.
thank you

Did we change something in that area ?

Geert