[GNC] Xcode project/buildable non X11 Mac version?

kentsor aa at snak.com
Mon May 27 13:43:27 EDT 2019

John Ralls-2 wrote
> No, no one has ever undertaken a MacOS-native UI for GnuCash.

I'm surprised to hear that. The program could be very useful and far more
popular, but the list of UI issues I could draw up would be a long one
indeed. Accounting is unpleasant enough that I would not put up with a
program that looks and works like this. If it was just a few issues I'd be
more than willing to chip in and submit fixes as I have for two other
projects but this is just so thoroughly painful and alien to use. <rant>
I've always seen it as the perpetual tyranny by the vocal minorities that is
the bane of so many open source projects, forcing conformity to whatever pet
linux distro of the day over mass appeal and usefulness to the general
public. </rant>

I would also say that download counts of a given OS build is not any
indication of users willing to use the program.