[GNC] Transaction Report: 1)Print only totals 2)Add comment to print out ?

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Fri Nov 1 09:28:26 EDT 2019

On 11/1/2019 8:46 AM, Fran_3 via gnucash-user wrote:
> I think I know the answer to this but I wanted to double check.
> 2 - Is there any way to add a comment to the report before you print it... other than making the title long?
> 3 - Can you include HTML tags like <br> and <small> to have a report's first line bold and 2nd line small for additional comments?
> Thanks,
> Fran3

This is a perfect example (even though minimal changes compared to what
I am usually doing)

Why ask for/expect this capability from WITHIN the accounting software?
These are the sort of changes you might want/need for the finished
product (the report as will be presented) but have nothing to do with
the accounting data.

Export the report, bring it into a document under control of your
favorite editor, then add the details like notes, change font or size of
certain parts, selective bolding or italics, etc.

COULD the developers add (to within the accounting package) the
capabilities of an editor? Perhaps. But WHY do that when plenty of
perfectly good editing apps already exist.

Michael D Novack