[GNC] Transaction Report: 1)Print only totals 2)Add comment to print out ?

Fran_3 mailbox0600 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 1 09:46:31 EDT 2019

 Michael, no request for added features to GC was intended. I was just exploring the existing capabilities of the program.

 Having been involved in product development I have experienced countless meetings, discussions and passionate exchanges about nailing down product design spec's and later product update priorities and considerations.
As I have been immersed in using GC extensively for the last few weeks I have learned a lot about it and its capabilities and all of that has only contributed to my admiration of the product, the development team, and their efforts.
But, none of that negates continuing to explore and dig for features that may be in the system... but not obvious to a user who is up against the clock spending day and night trying to get a job done.
Hopefully that clears up my intent and any unintended interpretations of my original post in this thread.
Finally I want to compliment the great help and those who provide it here on this list.
I do have a couple of follow-up questions on the topic but I'll put those in a separate post.

Best,Fran3

    On Friday, November 1, 2019, 9:28:43 AM EDT, Michael or Penny Novack <stepbystepfarm at comcast.net> wrote:

 On 11/1/2019 8:46 AM, Fran_3 via gnucash-user wrote:
> I think I know the answer to this but I wanted to double check.
> 2 - Is there any way to add a comment to the report before you print it... other than making the title long?
> 3 - Can you include HTML tags like <br> and <small> to have a report's first line bold and 2nd line small for additional comments?
> Thanks,
> Fran3

This is a perfect example (even though minimal changes compared to what
I am usually doing)

Why ask for/expect this capability from WITHIN the accounting software?
These are the sort of changes you might want/need for the finished
product (the report as will be presented) but have nothing to do with
the accounting data.

Export the report, bring it into a document under control of your
favorite editor, then add the details like notes, change font or size of
certain parts, selective bolding or italics, etc.

COULD the developers add (to within the accounting package) the
capabilities of an editor? Perhaps. But WHY do that when plenty of
perfectly good editing apps already exist.

Michael D Novack