[GNC] Export values to Excel

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Sun Nov 3 07:24:52 EST 2019

On Sunday, 3 November 2019 12:00:02 GMT Bumbling Amateur via gnucash-user
wrote:
> In order to submit my VAT return to HMRC I need to populate an Excel
> spreadsheet with some values (maximum of 9) from various accounts in
> gnucash. The spreadsheet then submits the values to HMRC.
>
> For example one value I need to place in to an Excel spreadsheet can be
> found in the gnucash  account called Output Vat on the date 31st October
> 2019.
>
> Is there a way to do this?

Hi,

yes, there is.  I did it last week.  You're basically talking about MTD
(Making Tax Difficult) aren't you?

Christopher Lam has recently added a report to produce a CSV file that can be
imported into a spreadsheet and submitted to HMRC.

I'm not certain which versions of GC include it, 3.7 should, I think.... I'm
using a development version of GC from the summer, which puts a "UK VAT
Report" under the Income/Expense reports menu entry.  I'm supposed to write
some documentation for it, but as yet haven't found the time.   If you find the
report I'll help you get the numbers out of GC.

Christopher: can you confirm the versions of GC which include the UK VAT
report, please?

best regards,
Maf.