[GNC] expense problem

RICHARD YENTZER ryentzerjr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 20:01:09 EST 2019

I'm not an accountant. I use GNUCASH for personal finances. Many years and
counting.

I received a gift card for $200. I entered this in GNUCASH as income:gifts
received:gift card.

I used the $200 for groceries, McDonald's and a dental bill for $132.

The gift card NOW shows a zero balance as it should. The Expenses:groceries
recorded a debit as if I had used a credit card. No problem here.

The dental account/journal, however, shows a negative balance of $132.

How can the gift card record the expenditure without it recording properly
as a credit in the dental account?

I've tried GNUCASH 2.6.21 and 3.7, each with the same results.

Richard