[GNC] Moving from Sage Accounting and would like to keep sub-account totals viewable

Richard Danielson rdan217 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 20:13:19 EST 2019

Hello David,
Thanks for the tip on the arrow on the right side of the accounts
window.  I tapped that once but didn't notice that it was offering me a
whole bunch of information options.  I now have account numbers showing
and can sort on that column to make things look more or less the same as
in Simply Accounting.

Re the subtotals issue, I used to have a number of subtotals (e.g.
groceries, snacks and restaurants in the food category) which showed up
in income accounts.  That is what I can't figure out in GC.  I can make
accounts sub-accounts for heading accounts, and get the totals for the
sub-accounts to show in the income statement, but can't get the program
to sum the sub-accounts into the heading accounts.

Rick