[GNC] Moving from Sage Accounting and would like to keep sub-account totals viewable

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 21:29:54 EST 2019

I searched the help for information on account codes but all I found was:
https://www.gnucash.org/viewdoc.phtml?rev=3&lang=C&doc=help

I thought there used to be a lot more information than that.  I know that
you can use account codes in the account fields when editing transactions
instead of the tedious full tree account names.  Unfortunately, you cannot
make the account drop-down-list show the account code numbers, you have to
'just know' them.  I didn't find a reference to that.

As for sub totals in reports, I know that there is a developer working on
improving reports as some of them are not very useful in their present
state.  I am not sure how much of his work has currently been released.

David Carlson

--
David Carlson