[GNC] Archiving transactions

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 21:45:16 EST 2019

There is a setting under Edit > Preferences > General to compress the data
file.  I think it is selected by default.  In Windows 10 compression
happens very fast so that is not likely to be an issue with speed.

However, because the entire database is [theoretically] in RAM, at some
point that will cause RAM to spill over into swap space on the local
drive.  Then things really slow down.  This will happen more quickly if a
web browser is running concurrently.  In Windows open the Task Manager and
look under performance to see how your machine is doing.

David Carlson

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 8:14 PM M. Rizwan Muzzammil <m.rizwan at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I will check. Thanks for the suggestion.
>
> On Mon, Nov 18, 2019, 10:06 AM Greg Feneis <mfeneis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It seems like there used to be an option to encrypt, or zip the working
> > file when it's the default xml type. If that's still an option, and is
> > enabled, it could cause a delay relative to the file size
> >
> > Kind regards, Greg Feneis
> > (Pixel 3)
> >

> > On Sun, Nov 17, 2019, 17:49 M. Rizwan Muzzammil <m.rizwan at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for your reply....I am using the default file types. Does it
> make
> > > difference if I change?
> > > If so to what other type and how can it be done?

> > https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information.
> > -----

David Carlson