[GNC] Removing Orphan components from transaction

Peter West pbw at pbw.id.au
Mon Nov 18 00:14:54 EST 2019

I found a transaction in Orphan-AUD. It was a split, and the Orphan component was zero. Maybe I had forgotten part of the split, and then corrected it, leaving nothing in the Orphan-AUD account.

I wanted to remove this transaction from Orphan-AUD. As I recall, I tried to remove the Orphan line from the copy of the transaction under the Orphan-AUD tab. Uh-uh. Something about the anchoring to another account.

So I went to the parent account (an asset account) of the split, and tried to delete the null Orphan-AUD line. That seemed to work.

Back to the Orphan-AUD tab, delete this transaction as a whole. Presto! All gone.

Bad mistake.  Deleting transaction was good to its word, and deleted the whole transaction. I lost the only references I had to the original transaction (from August).

What is the correct method?

Peter

--
Peter West
pbw at pbw.id.au
But he cried out all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!”