[GNC] UK. Value added tax.

Paddy Walker yarelea at paston.co.uk
Wed Nov 20 15:20:55 EST 2019

	I am a business user of Gnucash for my farm accounts for about
15 years. I run it on Linux and have no access to a Microsoft machine.
A situation I do not wish to change.
	UK.'s tax authority have decided to make the submission of VAT.
returns dependent on compliant interactive accountancy software.  I
understand that it is entirely unreasonable to expect Gnucash to be
compliant.
  	HMRC.,  (the tax authoriy), have provided the potential fo a
work around. They will allow bridging software, mainly to accomodate
those using spreadsheets for their accounts.
	HMRC. provide an extensive list of compliant software without
mentioning the platform on which it runs.  Does any body know of
bridging software that runs on Linux. Advice on how to  " make tax
digital" on a Linux machine would be most welcome.
	Although it is not my preferred option, I have managed to
install Microsoft compatible bridging software in Windows XP, on a
virtual Box.
Paddy Walker