[GNC] Reconciliation

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Thu Nov 21 16:34:06 EST 2019

David,

In your experience are the "pending edits" preserved if the register
containing them is closed or are the edits to the transaction discarded on
closing the register. If you try to edit a transaction in two registers
AFAIK you get a warning that the transaction is opened for editing in
another register and similarly if you try to close a register with a pending
edit still open, you get a warning with the option to save any changes or
discard the changes. With my workflow I do not tend to have a lot of
registers open generally so I rarely encounter the pending edit situation in
practice.

I have encountered them during reconciliation if I have entered a register
to correct a transaction - I very occasionally have a transaction which
might differ by 0.01 in the value recorded in my original entry and the
value appearing on a statement for example or I may have entered a
transaction incorrectly. The reconciliation process normally updates on the
fly if a transaction is edited in the register provided it is closed and
saved in the register

David Cousens.

-----
David Cousens