[GNC] Reconciliation

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Thu Nov 21 22:07:49 EST 2019

David,

> I would also want a flag of some
>sort in the account tab for each account register that has a pending edit.
>That should catch the complex window cases.

One obvious flag here could be to change the colour of the text in the
register tab header while a transaction
 in is open for editing in that register. i don't know how hard that would
be to implement as I am not currently very familiar with the register code
but it is probably easier to do than  a procedure to check all open
registers for pending edits.

>If there is a pending edit in the account being reconciled, I suspect it
>is handled correctly, but what if there is a pending edit in one of the
>'other' account split lines?

I'm not sure what happens in this case. I am about to bring my accounts up
to date and reconcile them for the last 3 months so I will try and check it
out while doing that.

I would presume the reconciliation would access the unedited data until the
other account edit is closed.  If the reconciliation is completed and then
the edit is completed, it might cause a problem as any split's data can be
modified from the another register including a split which has been
reconciled in that process. If I remember correctly the transaction save
procedure should flag it if a save is gong to change a reconciled split. It
may be possible to flag in the reconciliation window that a split being
reconciled belongs to a transaction which is opened for editing in any
register by a similar color or backgrond color change.

David Cousens

-----
David Cousens