[GNC] Small business accounting importing transactions

rwslippey rwslippey at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 09:08:08 EST 2019

Thanks for the reply that's what I figured. Bringing in each transaction's
fees seems like it would be difficult utilizing an outside invoicing system.
Trying to avoid the repetitive data entry, if at all possible.

I've been through the process with desktop versions of Quickbooks before.
Creating an account for stripe, depositing the sale amount there, then a
transaction fee from that account, then transfer to the real bank account.
It just becomes a lot of extra work and caused errors in the past. Even
today Quickbooks doesn't handle this well and I had to get a third party
provider to manage these transactions and put them in with QB online.

I'm curious if the below would be feasible.
Create the holding account (as alluded to above) Import from bank account to
collect real deposits, import transactions from stripe (including fees), and
line everything up?

So step one would be import stripe lining sales transactions up to the
appropriate income account. Line fees up to the expense account. Import
bank, line stripe income up as a debit from the strip holding account and a
credit to the checking (as sort of a transfer)

Did any of that make any sense or should I go get another cup of coffee?

Christopher Lam wrote