[GNC] How to run report on Paid Sales for a period? (Cash Accounting Method)

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Tue Oct 1 18:03:38 EDT 2019

On 10/1/2019 5:20 PM, doncram wrote:
> Since GnuCash does not have the Cash Flow Statement report as an option,

WHAT?

> for your immediate purpose you can/should generate one manually, working
> from a printout of the Balance Sheet at the beginning and another at the
> end of your period, and an Income Statement report for the period.  You can
> do this by hand or in an Excel or other spreadsheet;  I recommend not
> messing with changing what is in your GnuCash accounting system to
> jerry-rig something about Cash Collections etc., as someone else is
> suggesting.

No, the person was NOT asking about "cash flow" but adjusting between
accrual based accounting and cash based accounting. The "cash" in cash
based accounting is not about cash but time. In cash based accounting,
income is recorded when received and expenses when paid for. In accrual
based accounting income is recorded when "earned" and expenses when
"incurred".

Michael D Novack

PS: There are additional alternatives for gnucash users who need some of
the business features (only with accrual) but whose books are on the
cash basis. The best way will depend on why you need the business
features (what for).