[GNC] gnucash-user Digest, Vol 199, Issue 3

ornd25 at tutanota.com ornd25 at tutanota.com
Wed Oct 2 10:40:39 EDT 2019

Adrien, thanks for responding. I hope I have some misconceptions that can be easily rectified but a belief in a limited number of splits isn’t one of them.

In order for my notional “Disbursements” account to work the full disbursement before taxes must be debited fully in Disbursements pre-tax in a single transaction (or so I believe). Once it’s there, I have no choice but to do the tax split from Disbursements (again, so I believe) in a second transaction. Those two transactions then led me to the abstraction, confusion, and self-zeroing problems I mentioned in the OP.

I’m not sure what you mean about making child accounts under disbursements - Exp:Income Tax is already an account.

If I have misunderstood you, please tell me.