[GNC] How can I add statement balances to my accounts as checks?

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Mon Oct 7 14:58:01 EDT 2019

On 10/7/2019 1:24 PM, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Let me add my $0.02 to this.. There are multiple ways to enter
> transactions into GnuCash (specifically, importing and hand-entering), and
> there are multiple ways that errors and discrepancies can happen.  The
> most common error/discrepancy is human error when hand-entering
> transactions.  HOWEVER, I have certainly found bank errors, and I've
> certainly found bogus transactions (Amazon seems to have a funny way to
> false billing my wife's credit card periodically).

And I'll raise that another $0.02

You need to SEE the discrepancies and make sense out of them.

Bank errors (misread of check, for example, but I have experienced one
"transit" error)

Strange charges on credit card << call CC bank >>

And WHY is that check still outstanding << need to contact the person? >>

Michael D Novack

PS -- that said, I do manual reconciliation for all my orgs. For all of
them, six transactions would be a busy month. If instead there were 60,
I'd be using the automated.