[GNC] Print Report does not "page" properly

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Mon Oct 7 18:22:01 EDT 2019

On 10/7/2019 5:04 PM, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
> The only work around I can think of right off is to instead copy/paste or save/open into a spreadsheet app like LibreOffice Calc and handle printing there.

And not necessarily a"work around" if you have SERIOUS
editing/formatting to do. But rather the sensible way to go. It isn't
reasonable to expect an app like gnucash to provide the capabilities of
a full power document editor. Printing reports directly should be good
enough (provide enough tools within gnucash) for the "rough draft"
stage. For the annotated and pretty printed version, export and edit
under the control of a tool intended for that purpose.

If JUST "pretty print", you might be able to do it in the spreadsheet
app. But I always cut and paste from that to a regular document (lots of
annotations and maybe fixed text sections). Could even have  a final
step making a PDF out of it (say if submitting a report to some
governmental agency -- that being the accepted format).

Michael D Novack