[GNC] How to find transactions where any split in register has a memo containing xxxx

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Oct 11 21:32:33 EDT 2019

I too have discovered that ‘Find’ will only match memos where the account for that split matches the current register account.

If you want to see all splits with a certain memo, then you need to run ‘Find’ from the CoA tab, however, this will search all accounts.

You could add a criteria based on account to narrow (refine) this down. (but this might produce the same result, not sure)

Possibly (I haven’t tried) a transaction report run with a similar filter and limited to only the desired account(s) might also provide what you want.

I can certainly see the utility of a search to find all transactions you paid cash for (register) that happened to match a certain memo description, (but where that memo description was detailed say, on the expense split, not the payment split) and where the actual ‘Description’ may vary.

Regards,
Adrien