[GNC] Job and Invoice

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sun Oct 13 12:36:54 EDT 2019

Sadly, ‘jobs’ won’t work here that way, I don’t think.

They really should be named ‘purchase orders’. They aren’t another level of classification or tracking.

You would need to create each invoice separately with its own terms. However, you can import invoice data. Since this is such a large group you need to create invoices for, I’d set that up in a spreadsheet arranged for invoice data importing. That will allow you to copy/paste duplicate info and to set up the terms in blocks, then import them all into GnuCash. See the Help & Guide for the import format.

After the initial import, you could then simply duplicate invoices and edit dates when you need to invoice that customer again next time. But this too would be a one-at-a-time process. If that is too tedious, then just importing each billing cycle would be the way to go.

Also unfortunately, GnuCash doesn’t have a bulk invoice printing ability. (there is a bug/RFE filed on it though) And sadly, I don’t see a way to export a group of invoices for printing in bulk via some other software.

Regards,
Adrien