[GNC] Build error ver 3.7 on mint 19.2

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 13:33:19 EDT 2019

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 4:29 PM David Cousens <davidcousens at bigpond.com>
wrote:

> Not sure what the differences between Linux Mint 19.2 (Ubuntu 18.04 based)
> and Ubuntu 18.04 18.10 and 19.10 are that cause problems building directly
> from the sources but as your procedure seems considerably different from
> what is on the wiki you might want to add it to the wiki build instructions
> even though it is more related to producing the debian package for
> installation than a direct build of GnuCash from the tarball. Let me know
> if
> you don't have wiki edit privileges and I will include it there as well.

I do have wiki edit privileges but haven't yet gotten back to that. Sorry!
It probably won't happen this weekend...

Yes my goal all along has been to develop enough expertise to build Debian
/ Ubuntu packages and document it sufficiently that it can be on the wiki.

The advantage for creating and installing a package manager version is once
an "official" version gets released the user doesn't need to do anything
else because the package manager will take care of replacing it.