[GNC] Dot Directories in Win10

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 20 02:32:31 EDT 2019

Hello,

I am using Gnucash 3.5 on Windows 10 (installed on a new Windows machine
June 2019), and I notice a couple of dot directories placed in my user
folder (C:\Users\sunfish): .cache and .dbus-keyrings

The cache folder has a fontconfig folder with a couple of subfolders in
it; the dbus folder has one text file in it org_gtk_gdbus_general

My Windows machine is quite new--meaning that I haven't installed much
on it beyond some image apps--and I suspect that GnuCash or one of its
dependencies has created these two folders. My first question is: is
this assumption correct? Next, what are these folders? Next, are they
necessary, or can I delete them? Finally, I was under the?? impression
that work has been done to sequester these entries in a Windows way
(either in a registry entry, or under AppData or some other Windows
nook); is this a glitch on my machine, or is it an area that needs
further refinement?

TIA,

David