[GNC] AqBanking help for Citi CC (cont'd again)

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Oct 21 00:13:14 EDT 2019

> On Oct 20, 2019, at 7:46 PM, Jonathan Stickel <jjstickel at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> As with messages in January and August, I too would like AqBanking to work with a Citi credit card account. I've followed the recommend settings described here:
>
> https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2018-October/080548.html
>
> but still no luck.
>
> I did find a feature when logged in to my citi.com account to "manage access" for third party software applications ("like Quicken® or Quickbooks®"). This is through Profile->More Settings. Clicking on Add Access then gives 10 minutes to make a connection. I've tried running AqBanking during this 10 minute window, but it still does not retrieve an account list or download transactions. So I am at a loss. If anyone is currently being successful using a Citi cards connection, please post!

That 10-minute window makes it seem like it's OFX Web Connect, where you authenticate via the web and then connect with your financial software. AQBanking and therefor GnuCash doesn't support that. It supports only OFX Direct Connect where the financial software handles the authentication.

Regards,
John Ralls