[GNC] delete invoice or bill

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Fri Oct 25 09:19:59 EDT 2019

Hi,

Mark Hedges <mark.hedges at weirdvibe.com> writes:

> Vendor A has Job X.  I created an invoice for Vendor B and assigned
> Job X.  The invoice was created for Vendor A (from the Job) but I
> didn't notice, so I had to unpost it.  It's the same job from my
> company's perspective, and the same person, but A was him personally
> and B was his new LLC.  I wasn't able to change the vendor from the
> invoice edit screen.  The erroneous invoice cannot be re-used.  I
> created a new Job Y for Vendor B and created a new invoice.

When you assigned Job X to the invoice, it "overrides" the vendor you
previously selected, because the vendor is now Job X's vendor (whomever
that may be -- in this case Vendor A).  To change that you would need to
unpost the invoice, then click the "Edit Invoice" button to raise the
Edit Invoice Dialog.  From there you can re-select the vendor and/or
job.

Note that a Job applies to a single Vendor, so if Job X -> Vendor A, you
cannot have Job X & Vendor B.  You would need to create Job Y -> Vendor
B and then select Job Y.

You are correct that you cannot change it from the Invoice Register
window.  You need to click "Edit Invoice" to change the owner.

> Mark

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745