[GNC] Backporting Gnucash 3.7 to Ubuntu "Bionic" (or Mint, etc.)

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Sat Oct 26 09:57:33 EDT 2019

Building v3.0-3.7 directly on either Linux Mint 17,18,19 or Ubuntu
18.04,18.10 etc isn't all that difficult. The  main difficulty is getting
the correct dependencies and development headers for them installed and
setup initially and the build environment setup. The list and notes on the
wiki are as complete as I could make it when I started building on Linux
Mint 18 and 19. I have been building and installing successfully to
/usr/local despite John Ralls reservations (only conflict is usually if you
have installed an earlier version from the distribution software repository
which installs to /usr/local and it needs to be removed and then not
reinstalled over your own build and installation) for multiple users since
Linux Mint 16 initially with autotools and then cmake since the
configuration shifted to using it.

David Cousens

-----
David Cousens