[GNC] Bill Date Confusion

Fran_3 mailbox0600 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 28 12:38:05 EDT 2019

On a bill from a vendor I would typically find...
A - Bill Date
B - Due Date
Looking at a bill formerly entered into gnuCash I see 3 dates...

C - Date Opened
D - Date Posted
E - Date
There has been some confusion on which dates on the gnuCash (C, D, E) bill would match up with A & B.
I'm thinking when looking at a formerly entered bill...

C - Date Opened = the date we happen to enter the bill into GnuCash
D - Date Posted = "Bill Date" on the vendors bill to us ("A" above)

E - Date = Date item was purchased from the vendor when billed monthly for multiple purchases (else 1st of prior month to indicate the item was purchased last month)

Thanks for any help.
PS - Note that the "Due Date" does not show on the gnuCash Bill but does appear on the Vendor Report (along with "D" above which is referred to as  "Date Posted" on the formerly posted bill and as simply "Date" on the Vendor Report)