[GNC] Want to find some GnuCash example files

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Oct 30 12:33:48 EDT 2019

On Wed, 30 Oct 2019, Tommy Trussell wrote:

>> ... and show me how a real complex accounting book in GnuCash would
>> look like.

> The first place to look might be the Concepts Guide available on the
> GnuCash web site. https://www.gnucash.org/docs.phtml

Do read the Concepts Guide to become familiar with GnuCash's capabilities
and structure.

One thing to keep in mind that while GnuCash's application category is
accounting it is actually a bookkeeping tool. The 'accounting' aspect (what
accounts to have, how to book entries for specific business activities,
etc.) are location-dependent and should be addressed by a qualified
accountant. Depending on the record-keeping and taxing requirements of your
business' location a practicing account will advise you of how to meet these
requirements.

Once you're all set you'll find GnuCash a pleasure to use.

Regards,

Rich