[GNC] Want to find some GnuCash example files

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Wed Oct 30 15:34:03 EDT 2019

>> hello, guys. I am a newcomer here and want to learn how to use GnuCash. I
>> don't speak english well, so if I made some strange sentences please let me
>> know or just ignore them.
>>
>> Now I want to find some GnuCash example files, which maybe include foreign
>> currencies, stocks,vendors,bills, invoices etc,more complicated more
>> better, and show me how a real complex accounting book in GnuCash would
>> look like. Could anyone give me some suggestions? thanks.

Also, complexity depends on the type of entity for which books are being
kept and the jurisdictions to which reporting must be done. Definitely
not "one size fits all" and why you were advised to consult an
accountant for that.

Look, once upon a time (within my lifetime) books were kept pen and ink
on paper ruled for journal and ledger. No matter how complicated the
books, that worked. Similarly, to a bit more modern, instead of on paper
could be spreadsheets with columns for journal and ledger. Software like
gnucash can keep any books that would have been kept in those ways, just
simpler to enter the data and less prone to error (autoposting: virtual
journal)

If you mean to be asking a QUESTION "if the books were very
complicated,could gnucash still handle that?" the answer is yes.

Michael D Novack

PS --- "multiple currencies" is actually another topic entirely. There
are (potential) aspects to that you will not see in examples on this
list. That is because as far as I can tell all the users HERE are using
solutions within gnucash suited to "continuous re-evaluation"
assumptions (current currency market) << as opposed to entities
operating with organizational or statutory requirements as to WHEN such
re-evaluations/rate conversions are to take place, etc. or other
restrictions on conversion>> Not that gnucash couldn't handle, but would
be doing so very differently.