[GNC] Saved Reports Disappearing

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Oct 31 10:00:01 EDT 2019

Op donderdag 31 oktober 2019 13:57:56 CET schreef Fran_3 via gnucash-user:
> Original Question 4 - Is there anyway to set where the Transaction Report
> Configurations are saved? My conclusion: I'm giving up on this but for
> reference here is the issue for consideration...
>
> My GC entity files are saved on my local disk and auto sync'd to the cloud
> so I can work on them at home or at work.
>
> Problem is if I create and save a Report Configuration at home it is not
> available at work because the saved report config files are buried in with
> the installed program files... and I do not want to sync installed programs
> to the cloud. It would be nice if the report config files were saved in the
> same folder with mybooks.gnucash so they could be backed up to the cloud
> along with the mybooks.gnucash file.

That's not quite right. The save report configurations are not stored with the
installed program files, they are stored in your home directory, but in a path
you typically don't go directly as a user. For that exact path, check the link
David Cousens provided earlier.

There is no harm in synching this saved-reports file to your work PC. Your
sync tool may or may not support synching arbirtrary files though.

Other than that, your use case is exactly why we are considering to store the
report configurations directly in mybooks.gnucash at some point in the future.

Regards,

Geert