[GNC] Saved Reports Disappearing

Fran_3 mailbox0600 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 31 08:57:56 EDT 2019

 Thanks to all for replying to my post.
I should have noted that I'm running GC 3.7 on a Win7 Pro machine.
Original Question 1 - I began saving recent report configurations with a dash like in order to distinguish them from other reports...But, some of them disappear later on when I attempt to re-open them...
Any ideas on what is going on?

My conclusion: This should have read... I'm saving some report configurations using a dash and a space at the beginning of the report name. I'm discontinuing that practice as some of those reports seem to just disappear. (Hopefully I have not corrupted my report file.)
Original Question 2 - Where are the Saved Transaction Report Configurations saved?

My conclusion: I will take a look at the link posted by David C. But I'm thinking I will just leave this be as is and not try to tinker with it.
Original Question 3 - Is there a limit on how many Saved Transaction Report Configurations you can have?

My conclusion: I have about 30 or 31 reports saved and understand that should not be a problem. I'm thinking putting a dash followed by a space at the beginning of the saved report configuration file name may have contributed to the cause of my disappearing saved report config's. From here forward I'll begin each saved report config filename with a letter or a number and see if the disappearing report config file problem continues.

Original Question 4 - Is there anyway to set where the Transaction Report Configurations are saved?
My conclusion: I'm giving up on this but for reference here is the issue for consideration...

My GC entity files are saved on my local disk and auto sync'd to the cloud so I can work on them at home or at work.

Problem is if I create and save a Report Configuration at home it is not available at work because the saved report config files are buried in with the installed program files... and I do not want to sync installed programs to the cloud. It would be nice if the report config files were saved in the same folder with mybooks.gnucash so they could be backed up to the cloud along with the mybooks.gnucash file.
Original Question 5 - Can you have each "entity" save reports in different folders?
My conclusion: I'll use a naming convention to distinguish between which saved report config's go with which entity.

Thanks again to all for their comments and suggestions.
Fran3