[GNC] Non-expense, non-income transactions?

Roderick Anderson raanders42 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 15:08:25 EDT 2019

This might be on the edge between using GnuCash and Accounting
principals.  Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

I am the Treasurer for a small 501(c)(3) with all my accounting
knowledge as OJT.  Nothing formal.

I am looking for suggestions on how to account for cash pulled from the
checking account to be used for making change for our fund raising event
and then redeposited into checking.

In the past (in my ignorance) I treated it as an expense then an income.
  We missed a year of the event so I figured now would be a good the
time to get it right.

That make any sense?

TIA,
Rod