[GNC] Multi-select on import - OSX

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Sep 12 13:42:24 EDT 2019

> On Sep 11, 2019, at 2:55 AM, Ron Stone <ronstone at ncf.ca> wrote:
>
> Thank you for all the hard work maintaining and developing Gnucash. I expect running an open source project can feel thankless at times. The effort is greatly appreciated.
>
> I have a quick question about the new multi-select on import feature. On OSX, the default right-click is CTRL-tap, which is also one of the multi-select options in the import dialog, When I make a multi selection (say, SHIFT-tap) and then CTRL-tap it does not bring up the account select dialog. Instead, it just unselects the entries in the multi-select except the one under the pointer and brings up the account select dialog for the single entry.
>
> Am I missing something obvious here?

If you have Secondary Click checked in System Preferences>Trackpad on the Point & Click tab then a two-finger tap should work to bring up the context menu. That won't help anyone using a one-button mouse.

The problem is that GdkQuartz sends a GDK_BUTTON_PRIMARY with GDK_CONTROL_MASK instead of GDK_BUTTON_SECONDARY and GtkTreeView doesn't check GDK_CONTROL_MASK when handling the GDK_BUTTON_PRIMARY event. I've opened https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/issues/2145 to document this.

Regards,
John Ralls