[GNC] How to manage earmarked funds

Fred Frazelle frazelle09 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 13:49:58 EDT 2019

Dear sirs:

     We are a non-profit and receive contributions.  Every once in a
while the Assembly sets up a fund for something special, like a Center
and the believers contribute.  The money in this fund cannot be used for
anything else.  Since we are just setting this up, we already have some
money in one of these Funds.  We set the account Center up as a
liability, since it hasn't been built yet but then the program says
Imbalance (i really like this feature - you can see immediately that
something is amiss - lol).  i already have the monetary amount listed in
one of the Equity/Opening Balances. Obviously i'm not an accountant and
am trying to wrap my head around this...

     Have a wonderful morning! :-)

     fred