[GNC] Bank check - debit and credit?

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 10:10:50 EDT 2019

You left out a few details.  Is this a business expense?  Or is it
something else?  In the accounting world, purpose is the driving force.

If you are just concerned about the mechanics of the money flow, you would
show a conversion to cash or whatever medium you used as an intermediate
step. That, of course requires appropriate accounts, such as petty cash,
for example.

David Carlson

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 9:22 AM <ornd25 at tutanota.com> wrote:

> How does one debit and credit for a bank check when the person/company
> doesn't want to accept a personal check? I usually forgo reality and just
> record that I sent the personal check directly to the individual, but
> that's not exactly what happens.

David Carlson