[GNC] Bank check - debit and credit?

Stephen M. Butler kg7je at arrl.net
Thu Sep 19 13:13:49 EDT 2019

On 9/19/19 6:20 AM, ornd25 at tutanota.com wrote:
> How does one debit and credit for a bank check when the person/company doesn't want to accept a personal check? I usually forgo reality and just record that I sent the personal check directly to the individual, but that's not exactly what happens.

Almost all of my check payments are made via the bank's online bill
paying system.  Even personal folks (yes, there are a few hand written
checks).  I make no difference between them or ACH transactions that are
initiated based of use of the debit card.  Well, one small difference.
Hand written checks have their check number recorded in GnC.  Others
have no check number recorded even though the bank does have a number
that I could use for that purpose.

Many of the "bank" checks end up being electronically delivered though
some of them are printed and mailed by the bank to the recipient. I
treat them all the same way.  A transaction between the checking account
asset account and some expense (or liability) account.

I hope I understood your question correctly.

--Steve

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
Stephen.M.Butler51 at gmail.com