[GNC] Badly formed URL unknown-type

Uttam Chakravorty uttam at uc4linux.co.uk
Fri Sep 20 13:08:52 EDT 2019

Dear Geert,

In our GnuCash working directory I ran "cat *.log | grep 'Google' >
test.csv"

In a moment of contemplation I questioned if I am chasing down the wrong
rabbit hole?  To go back a little, I have become so sure of GnuCash I
have become lazy about taking a milestone backup after every session.  I
have no excuse as we do the books every 3-6 weeks so it was not really
too hard to do.

Anyway the long and the short of it is that this year I have only taken
milestones backups on 18/2/19, 25/4/19, 6/9/19 and 13/9/19 when I
spotted the 'Payable Ageing' anomaly.

I have now restored each of the above and I have to go back to the
18/2/19 backup before the error disappears.

I'm now ruminating about my next step.  I switched my son's and wife's
business over to GnuCash on 13/9/2016.  I wonder if it needs a thorough
audit.  I'm not sure who to ask as it is not well supported by the
accountants even though it is the best double entry system I have come
across in 30yrs.  I appreciate that from your point of view it is a
great deal more than that.

Hey ho, it is Friday evening.  A Belgian beer is called for and then
perhaps inspiration may strike overnight.

My thanks to you, the team, and the community.  As always, intervention
and advice will be gratefully received.  I'm happy to do the digging
once I work out where to dig.  The Lot viewer continues to hide from me.

Best Regards, Uttam

--
If this email is not for you, please excuse me as it is a genuine
mistake.