[GNC] Credit card account with two cards

Zacharie Durand zachariedurand at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 00:14:59 EDT 2019

Hello,

I’m wondering if anyone has dealt with multiple credit cards under a single credit card account?

My spouse and I each have a credit card under a single credit card account. We make purchases on our separate credit cards. Each month I receive a single bill for both cards. The bill separates my purchases and my spouses into two separate lists and sum them up.

I’ve set up my accounts in GnuCash like this:
-Credit Card
--My Card
--My Spouse’s Card

This account structure allows me to separate purchases between cards.
I can reconcile the account including sub-accounts every month, however I can’t confirm each transaction is entered under the proper card.

Does anyone have experience or suggestions to this?

Thanks,

Zach