[GNC] Trouble with import and splits

ornd25 at tutanota.com ornd25 at tutanota.com
Thu Sep 26 21:51:51 EDT 2019

"AFAIK the import process for securites and transactions with currency changesis problematical even when importing data re-exported from GnuCash."
"One thing you could try is to create a correct dummy transaction of thetype(s) you need to import, export them to CSV using the multi-splitmulti-line ( default GnuCash Export Format) and then try reimporting theminto GnuCash using the same format.  If that works you can examine the CSVexport format and put your import data in the same format before trying toimport it.David Cousens"

Thanks, David. I've spent a lot of time trying to automate my migration and so far I haven't been able to do it well, but I keep trying, finally giving up and doing it manually.

I took your suggestion and exported an account with transactions similar to the ones I mentioned in my original post - without the ability to write good script, it appears I'd spend a lot more time massaging .csv data into usable form that might not be quite good enough. I think I'll do it manually. Thanks, anyway.