[GNC] Trouble with import and splits

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Thu Sep 26 22:21:15 EDT 2019

It's unfortunate but successfully importing a lot of  data often requires a
fairly detailed knowledge of how GnuCash functions and how that differs from
the program being imported from and when we need to do this is usually when
our experience is minimal. I did it over 10 years ago now with several years
of data coming from MYOB. I did it in 6 month blocks working backwards
reconciling forward while using GnuCash for my day to day accounting. There
was quite a bit of manual fixing of the imports involved.  I did use some
macros in Excel at the time to massage the data and then re-export it in CSV
before importing into GnuCash.  Hopefully this might get easier when the
documentation is updated.

Cherrs

David

-----