[GNC] Can not insert text on transaction after import QIF

dmeece dmeece12 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 11:29:06 EDT 2019

Sorry John, tried to reply;

but lost in the maze of nabble vs user and got rejected.  As mentioned
earlier, I've got tax season and really don't have time this week to debug
troubleshoot - maybe next month.
My comments are only to be viewed at the 20,000 foot level anyway - my
overall  impression is that since we went over to the cmake install method,
my experience with Ubuntu/Linuxmint machines have mainly been fails.  I have
no idea as to where these particular Linux boxes store files and libraries.
After this last failed attempt with the ppa load of version 3.7, I spent the
rest of the morning restoring my production machines to a workable
configuration even to the point of timeshifting them.  Every though I
thought I had clean uninstall, both command line and synaptic, I had to
spend a number of hours playing "whereis waldo" with this to get to a point
where I had ripped out enough of the residual gnucash versions so I could
reload a usable ver 2.6.19 (from the synaptic) and get my machines back on
line.  Right now, for me anyway, it appears, gnucash 3.* is a windows
product.   Any ideas about the version 4.* series?
thanks for all the suggestions, I check back shortly.