[GNC] Relocating user specific application data to another directory

mark101 gnc.nabble at marko.33mail.com
Sat Sep 28 00:46:30 EDT 2019

Thanks Adrien for your reply.

Yes, in Windows, the financial data file (e.g johndoe.gnucash) is easily
saved in the location of choice.

What I want to work out is how to relocate (migrate) the user data files
(particularly the 'saved-reports' file), which in my Windows 10, are in
their default directory: '(%APPDATA%)\GnuCash'.

My basic understanding of the documentation is that relocation is achievable
in GnuCash V3.x  by creating an 'enviroment.local' file and writing a
GNC_DATA_HOME environmetal variable entry with the appropriate syntax. I
haven’t, as yet, been successful in working out this syntax.

My terminology is likely inaccurate, so I do appreciate your patience.

Mark